The Adventurous Bunny

It was a warm summer’s day at ‘Paw’s and More amazing animal Petting Farm’. Roxy the little brown rabbit was happily chewing on her juicy orange carrots.
When she realized that the gate to the pen was open. She turned to her Guinea Pig friend Phoebe and Roxy said ‘Now’s my chance to go out and enjoy the nice yummy green grass’.
‘Do you want to come too?’ asked Roxy
Phoebe looked at her and said, ‘No thank you, but I can't wait to hear you tell me what it’s like outside.’

Roxy hopped out through the gate and found a nice green patch of grass to nibble on. As she was enjoying her yummy feed she glanced over to another pen of large animals.
She hopped closer to get a better look. She saw a great big pink pig feeding her 3 little piglets.
One of the piglets turned around and saw Roxy then trotted over to the edge of the pig pen.
‘Hi, I’m Fred’ he said, ‘What are you doing here, out of your pen? Are you lost?’
‘My name’s Roxy’ she replied, ‘I’m not lost, the gate was left open in my pen, and I saw a lovely patch of grass to eat, then I spotted you.’
‘I love green grass too,’ Fred said.

Roxy said goodbye to her new friend. Fred the piglet trotted back to his family and Roxy kept on exploring the petting farm and all the different animals.

Not watching where she was going, she bumped into the fence of another pen and got her little bunny bottom stuck in the fence. She tried kicking with her back legs to get her bottom out, but it didn’t work. Roxy heard someone coming and thought now’s my chance to get some help.

“Hello, is anyone there” Roxy said in a scared voice. A mother duck turned around in a great surprise “Who’s there?” Lucy the duck said “It's me Roxy I need help; I’m stuck in the fence” she replied. Lucy tried pushing her through the fence and couldn’t get Roxy out, so Lucy pulled Roxy by the feet and out she popped.

Roxy said ‘Your so kind, thank you for helping me’
Lucy was relieved ‘I’m so glad you’re ok Roxy’ she said, giving her a hug.
Roxy didn’t realize how far she had wandered from her pen. She needed help getting back.
‘Could you show me the way to my rabbit pen’ Roxy asks. ‘Sure’ Lucy said.

They started to go back past all the animals Roxy had seen earlier. She felt happy that she had seen lots on her adventure.
When they got back to the pen Roxy said thank you and goodbye to Lucy. She then told Phoebe all about her adventures of seeing all the different animals, meeting Fred the little piglet and Lucy the duck. Then Phoebe and Rocky settled down for some beauty sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!