Himalayan Adventure

The Himalayas, cold and chilly…. but beautiful.

Between the tall mountains, was a small village named Shipra. A boy named Amir, son of the elder in the village, loved going to school. Although there were schools nearby, Amir got his scholarship letter from one of the best schools. This school was far away in the mountains. Going to school was an adventure as Amir will have to walk for days through rocky terrains, frozen rivers and endure extremely low temperatures. He has to leave his family and stay in boarding school. Despite all this, he is happy as he can fulfil his dream to become a pilot.
When Amir was packing his things for his travel to school (kerosene stove, food, clothing and supplies for his hike), he took his ball with him. It was made of wool and string and he believed it would give him good luck. He went to the temple with his father Pokerel and friend Amish. Amir did a short prayer and starts his journey. Pokerel pulled the two kids on the sleigh through the ice. They were having so much fun until Pokerel saw a narrow ice path between the jagged rocks and the fast-flowing river. Pokerel checked the ice before crossing. The ice was okay, and he carefully crossed it. The river and the rocks looked dangerous, Amir snatched his lucky ball from his backpack and started squeezing it. Amish was breathing heavily looking forward to the challenge. Amir started to cross the icy path.

Amir grasped the ball and looked at the river. He froze for a moment, imagining himself in the river drowning. He tried forgetting about it, closed his eyes blindly searching for Pokerel’s hand. Amir felt his father's hands and grabbed it. He opened his eyes immediately and realised he was safe. It’s Amish’s turn to cross the narrow path. He got startled by the noise of a loud bird nearby. He slipped and fell into the river. To save his friend, Amir recklessly started to sprint in the snow.

The river’s current slowed down and Amish was about to hit an icy bridge. Pokerel threw a hiking stick and Amir caught it. He then used it to grab Amish from the river. Amir thanked his lucky ball. Amish was saved!

They continued travelling till they reached school. With tears in his eyes, Amir waved his father goodbye. He was grateful to start his new life at school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!