The Boy Who Ran Away

Once upon a time a boy named Koen lived in Maningrida, a remote village in Northern Territory, Australia. He lived with his mother, father, grandma and four siblings.

One day, Koen got scolded by his father. He got so angry that he ran away from his house. He ran far until he was crowded with trees. He started becoming scared as darkness fell. Unfortunately, he didn’t know the way home and decided to find a resting place. He saw a tree near a swamp and sat under it.

Just then, he heard a growl. He started running as fast as his wobbly legs could carry him. He saw a big bush, hid there and waited until he couldn’t hear anything in the distance. He felt foolish for running away. He started crying and fell asleep after some time.
Next morning, a passer-by came in the forest and saw Koen lying on the ground. He checked if the boy had any injuries and found out he was alive and sleeping. He carried the boy to his house and took care of him.

On the other hand, Koen’s father had searched the neighbourhood and failed to find him. After a long search outside the village, he saw a boy who looked like Koen. He came closer and was glad to find his son. Koen was happy to see his father.

Koen then thanked the person who found him and took care of him. He went home to his family. He told his experience in the forest and said sorry for running away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!