The Nightmare Or The Dream

I went into this weird world and it had all that I ever asked for. This world was magical and it had dinosaurs everywhere. It was such a significant moment. Every step I took was like another step of the world filling my dreams up. I loved this world, there was no violence, no noises and just calmness. I saw all the long neck dinosaurs drinking and eating the leaves off the enormous trees that stood tall.
My joy just got a whole lot bigger because I just saw the best dinosaur, a Mosasaurus, but in seconds there was a clearing from the dinosaurs. I felt the ground rumble, the rocks were shaking up and down. As I looked in the distance, I saw the biggest and most frightening carnivore, the Spinosaurus. As the feet hit the ground, every step it took, my dream was changing, it was a glitch. But when I felt the rumbling behind me, I turned around and saw the Allosaurus staring at the Spinosaurus. I thought I was caught up in a fight but no, both of their heads looked towards me.
I thought I was actually going to be a meal for both of them. When both of them started to roar, I was thinking that they were communicating. When they started running, I thought that they were actually having their own fight but they turned and started to run after me. My legs ran as fast as they could like they never had before. My legs did not have power anymore. Every time I was slowing down I heard the thumping behind me so I kept going. I knew I couldn’t outrun two dinosaurs so I had to do something soon…
I could only keep up with myself for a few more seconds, I saw the dinosaurs getting closer, so I quickly stopped and dropped. I took two quick deep breaths, jumped up and started to run in the other direction. I saw a nearby tree and hid behind that. I knew the dinosaurs saw me, so I climbed up the tree hoping something good would happen.
A dark rumble filled the air and stomps clashed through the ground, then there was silence. Nothing moved. It felt like all the dinosaurs were holding their breath. What was coming, was it going to be my worst nightmare or my saviour?
As the sound of a thunderous roar echoed around us, I looked down and the dinosaurs were gone. Now was my time to escape. I jumped from the tree and I kept falling and falling, then BOOM. My eyes opened and I found myself snuggled in my blankets cuddling my favourite dinosaur toy, the T-Rex, my saviour!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!