Becoming Friends

Becoming Friends
Casey lived all by herself in a cottage in the forest. She had come there for a camping trip but liked it so much she stayed. One morning she woke up from all the heavy rain on her wooden roof. Then she looked outside to see if the forest was flooded. It was.
She went out of the small house and walked a bit deeper into the water. Then she realised that she was starting to go under the water. She saw a big oak tree and quickly climbed it. As she climbed, she could feel wet leaves brush across her face. She found a small wet spot to sit but there was already a tall red monster sitting there. He had spiky teeth and no hair! He was big and kind of friendly looking, but she was still frightened.
“Ahh!” screamed Casey, so terrified she fell out of the tree into the deep, dirty water. Did I mention Casey can’t swim? Anyway, back to the story.
The Monster was so scared that she would drown. He jumped off the branch, out of the tree into the water. He grabbed Casey by the arm and pulled her back up. They were both soaking wet. Then he spoke.
“Hi! My name is Mikey. What’s your name?” “Casey” she said, frightened.
“Hi Casey, it looks like you can’t swim!” Mikey exclaimed.
“Thank you for saving me. That was a big help. I’ve just got one tiny favour to ask you. I can’t swim but since you can maybe you could teach me.”
“Yeah, of course, but only if you can be my friend.”
“I would love to be your friend Mikey. You’re the best monster I’ve ever met – well - the only monster I’ve ever met!” said Casey laughing.
From then on Casey and Mikey were friends. They went on lots of adventures together like climbing the mountains, visiting her mum and dad in the city and just staying home in the forest to explore more.
Once, in the city, they were eating ice-cream and Casey saw that Mikey was holding his cone upside down. They both laughed so hard that they dropped their ice-creams.
Another time, they were in the forest exploring and Mikey ran into a tree while they were racing. He hit the tree so hard that it fell down. All the birds flew high up into the blue sky squawking very loudly.
Casey and Mikey always have a lot of fun together and will keep going on adventures as best friends.
Hope you enjoyed my story. Have a fun day. My story is about it’s not what’s on the outside, it’s what is on the inside that counts.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!