The Enchanted Portal!

The Enchanted Portal!
I was lying on my extravagant towel on the beach gazing into the sun as it rose up into the centre of the sky. It was breath-taking and I felt like living here for my whole life. Suddenly, I heard an unusual noise that sounded like this “crrraaacckk” I visualised it as a very big branch falling off a tree. As I was heading off to investigate the area I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was a mysterious portal that had just unfurled in the second.

I ran up to a man nearby and had asked him whether he could see a portal of some sort right there. The only thing he said was “ kid, I think you should go see a doctor.” Firstly, I wasn’t a kid, I was 13 years old which means that I am a teenager. Oh by the way my name is Peter and I’m an orphan that ran away from the torturesome school . There was posters up everywhere notifying that I was lost! But believe it or not I thought I was famous from the posters until I actually read it.

Wait a second, the portal was minimising like Usain Bolt running for his next world record. If I wanted to run away from this horrendous world I needed to leap into it. 3,2,1 “zzooooommmmm”

I was sucked into the object. Wait, could this be a trap and lock me in here for the rest of my life. That was false because the moment I finished my sentence I had arrived to the other end of the portal. The surroundings were superior. I had no words but to say that. Although the place seemed to be very familiar. There were these type of robots that were everywhere helping people clean their kitchens, driving people everywhere in a taxi. That was when I realised that it was San Fransisco! I think that I have teleported into the future! This was awesome, I have been to this place so many times and it’s hard to forget. No wonder I knew this place so well.

Sadly, I cannot stay here because there might be an accident in the nature of time and I may have faults on my body maybe even inside, so I must go back to my rightful presence. I hopped into the portal and back I went. 35 years later Peter grew up to actually be famous for his excellent sayings and this one of them, “ The past is gone, the present is a gift and the future is a mystery!!!

By Hiresh Wanasinghe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!