The Glass Jar

I drifted across the crystal clear ocean, wondering if the days would ever change. The cramped space just had something super mysterious about it. This cold glass jar always runs through my mind, but I didn’t know why. My mind told me in a high-pitched voice that it was about the bottom of the glass jar. I've never been to the bottom of this jar, I don't even want to.
There were just so many trees to look at, but only one small cottage, my cottage. I was always alone, never had someone inside this stupid glass jar with me. I solemnly walked alongside the foggy glass jar brushing it with my fingertips. I felt a few tears flowing down my cheek leaving a trail that looked like a snail’s trail, while wondering what the tears meant, probably because I have no friends, family or people that I don’t know…
Something was pulling my leg. It was a small dingo cub. It howled and I looked at his back, it had a deep eagle scratch. It was so deep that I could see his scarlet red flesh. I felt so extremely sorry for him but the only thing I cared about was if he was okay and if he would be my friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!