The Four Councillors

"Bye mum!" Stella called from the opened window. She had just arrived at her Wizards academy. Miss Clara, her teacher, told her students that they're having assessments that day. Stella hurriedly walked towards her classroom. She could hear her friends chatting enthusiastically as she passed through the doorway.

Her friends Chloe, the brainiac, Stephanie, the fashionista, Lorna, the tech genius, noticed she had arrived and greeted Stella, the medic. As Stella reached her group of friends, her teacher told the class to settle down and begin the assessment. In the first assessment, the students are required to form a group of four, and so the four girls formed their group. That done, they got tapped on the heads by Miss Clara's wand. A light flashed around them and suddenly, they found they had been transported to a village! They also heard a "CLANK, THUMP!" from the nearest house. Stephanie suggested they should head towards the sound. The group agreed, so the four headed towards the sound. Lorna knocked, waiting for an answer. The door opened to reveal an annoyed elf.
"What are you doing here?" he grumbled. Stephanie said, "We came because we heard some thumping."
"Fine. I'll get you up to speed." the elf answered reluctantly.
They took off their shoes and followed him to his study to learn out his dilemma. They gasped. There was a sparking computer, a broken keyboard, and an explosion of papers!
"I had a maths equation that was really hard, making my computer break. I got frustrated and broke the keyboard,"

They all huddled up and thought of something they could do... and then they got an idea! Chloe shared her idea and all of them agreed to it. They got straight to work. Lorna would fix the devices, and Chloe would figure out the maths problem. After an hour, they were finished. He thanked him, and they left the house.
As they were leaving, they heard a voice cry out in pain. They instantly crossed to the other house. After entering the house, they met an elderly fairy that needed help. The fairy explained
"I pricked my finger while sewing. I don't know how to sew clothes. Please help. I have some fabric, just enough to make a gown for myself." As she said that, a needle floated into Stephanie's arms.
"I bet we'll need this. Maybe I can sew her clothes with the needle we've got, while Stella can fix her right up!"
They all agreed, and after yet another hour, the four finished! Yet again, they were thanked readily, and as the they opened the door, they were back in class! As they took a step in, everybody cheered for them. Guessing the answer to their puzzled faces, Miss Clara told them why. They were the very new year six councillors!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!