Not Emu-sed

Not emu-sed

Written by G.W Meredith

Residents of Wildville are on high alert and have been ordered into lockdown after vicious emus escaped from the zoo.

A mob consisting of 24 emus escaped from The Wild Zoo. On a Wednesday night, a group of Vegan protesters completely flooded the local zoo and freed some of the animals. The lions, orangutans, ducks and goats were captured and brought back to their home. But the emus were impossible to catch.

Jack Henkins, who is currently hospitalised with a concussion and 12 broken bones because of an emu thinks that the people shouldn’t worry about all the lions breaking out of the zoo, it’s the emus that people should be worrying about. Henkins states, “these hostile creatures have started a war, and won’t hesitate to start another one.” 27 homes have been raided and picked dry of flowers, fruit, seeds and shoots in 5 days. Flo Werr, an unfortunate victim of the raids, said that all her Kiwano Jelly Melons have been stolen and eaten by the emus. Werr says, “I worked so hard on those Jelly Melons! And those pesky birds took 8 months of my hard work! 8 months! The emus caused a complete hullabaloo in my backyard!”

Animal activists say that the emus should not be kept in zoos because this is the reason that they became aggressive. Jack Henkins said all emus are aggressive, no matter the size, height or whether they are or aren’t from captivity.

Gib Bon, the manager of Wild Zoo, assured that there was nothing to worry about. “The emus will be captured in at most one week.”

Ian Smart, a leading researcher at The University Of Zoology says otherwise. Smart says that emu will do everything in their power to escape getting captured, “We don’t the reason they do this, but the one most likely is that they want to cause more mayhem and bother humans.” His research team suggests that the earliest that they can catch the emus is most definitely 5 months.

His co-workers don’t agree at all. “Emus travel at breakneck speeds. it’s really hard to stop a ruckus caused by emus!” said Hans Som.

An un-emusing chase continues.







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!