Brendon

Waves crashed against the rocks around the lighthouse as Brendon woke to the sunlight hitting his face. Brendon sighed and said 'What another glorious day', and off he went doing his morning routine. He would make a delicious perfect temperature cup of coffee with the right amount of milk. He was a very old man with technically no hair but he would still brush it. He thought he was top notch. Brendon wore a checked short and cargo pants with some work boots. Brendon wore that every day.

Every day he would scrub, scratch the barnacles off the bottom of the lighthouse. Believe me that would be hard (I don't even have experience) anyway I'm getting off topic. If you're wondering who I am, I'm Brendon's granddaughter. The reason why I am writing about him is because he recently passed away, it is so devastating but I have my cool. I'm going to talk about something terrible that happened.

One day Brendon went for a walk around a little dog park and after he came back he found himself in a bad situation. He got scared. For some reason the police were surrounding the lighthouse (his home). The police were surrounding the lighthouse because someone had broken in an no one knew why. But then my Mum said he had a precious necklace of my grandma's and they wanted it. That's what my Mum said but I thought they would want to muck up the lights so the boats would crash. Brendon got really mad because that was the only thing he had left of my grandmother's. My gorgeous grandma passed away last year.

Everyone must be wondering how Brendon died. Well its a long story short. Two months after Susy (my Grandma) passed away, he was having a lot of heart problems. While the police were there he had a minor heart attack. We were so lucky they were there. They quickly rushed him to hospital and he was there for a couple of nights just in case. He was all good after that and now he was taking pills to keep him healthy , well just for that period of time. About a year later something terrible happened. We went (sniff, sniff) sorry it is emotional to say "Breathe". On July 2nd we went off to Brendon's house (lighthouse) and we found him......he had a fall and a heart attack.

Brendon passed away on July 2nd 2022. Brendon was a beloved dad, husband, friend, son and most of all my grandad. His funeral was three days after he passed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!