Halloween Horror

It's a dark and gloomy night, the sky was roaring and flashing. It was the night of Halloween, and everyone was isolated inside their houses with nowhere to go, all you could do was listen to the wind moaning and talk with the family. Halloween is a scary holiday and it’s never a good sign when thunderstorms come on Halloween night. People are out in the street pretending to be the scary person from scream and the clown from it while I’m up in my room hoping nothing bad happens. ‘Knock, Knock, Knock’ no one was home to answer the door, so I stayed in my room and switched the lights off. A few minutes went by, and the knocking stopped, but before I knew it someone was at my window. I sprinted downstairs and hid in the basement, that was the worst decision of my life. The front door creaked open slowly and swiftly, so I stayed quiet and hid in the darkest corner. ‘CREAKED’ The basement door creaked open. I knew at that moment I wouldn't see my parents or friends again. “BOOOO” my dad jumped off the basement stairs. “Dad, you scared me” I exclaimed angrily, but then ‘BOOM’ the basement door shut and behind him was standing a clone, but not just any clone IT WAS ME! “Dad” I said in a shaky voice, he turned around then passed out and dropped onto the floor. Before I knew it, I was being chased around the basement by a clone or in other words myself. I was trying to escape and run up the stairs, but the door was locked, and I had been cornered. The clone said to me “I'll leave you, your family and friends alone if you tell me your password to your school laptop” I scoffed “no way, why would I ever do that” the clown then pulled out a knife from its pocket and stood next to my dad. “Want to see him again” the clone asked cheekily “ok, fine” i agreed to tell the clone the password. We walked up to the top of the stairs and the clone magically unlocked the door. I led it up to my room and told the clone my password. ‘BING, BING, BING’ the clone was in and weirdly going through my camera roll and she found a video I took in class with my best friend Casey earlier. ‘Beep’ the video was deleted, then suddenly ‘swoosh’ it was my best friend Casey, and the clone was gone. ‘BEEP, BEEP, BEEP’ my alarm went off like crazy, “dad what day is it today” I yelled from my room. “It's Halloween honey, don't tell me you forgot?” dad exclaimed. Oh no, let's hope that dream won't come true, cause let’s be honest I’m not in the mood for an eventful day like in my dream!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!