I'm Going To Win This!

“Run your best Sophie!” I could hear my heart beating and the voice in my head. I was about to start the 400-metre running in the cross-country carnival. Mr. Kluge was counting down. “On your marks, get set, go!”
I ran my hardest. I was already sweating. My palms were sweaty. I looked ahead. There was no one in front of me. I was winning. There was a teacher from Hope standing at the end of the road, telling the cars to slow down. “Good job! Keep going!” she said to me, her bright, pink jacket shimmering.
I turned around the witches hat cone before coming back around the road, to the oval. My heart was beating faster. “I’m going to win this!” I screamed.
I could now see the finish line, but I saw a Hope kid running ahead of me. I sprinted as fast as I could to try and get in front of her. There was still 10 metres to go, so I had a chance. My legs were burning, but I still sprinted. I was getting closer and closer to her until I was right behind her. I took one big leap over the finish line and landed on my knees.
I had won!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!