The Killers Ghost

Easiest. Kill. Ever. This is the best offer I had in a while. Sure they were guarded but it was easy to distract the guard. The price was also good. $50 000000 for the target, why not? I was walking to the meeting point when suddenly I was hit by a memory so hard I nearly got knocked back.

I was breathing heavily. I need this kill. I think. This was a good offer… well I think. It’s just one kill I don’t need to feel guilty. So why do I? She’s the biggest brat ever. DON’T FEEL GUILTY. I pressed myself closer to the shadows as the girl, eighteen, she walked into her room and then called back.
‘I love you daddy!’ Why does she seem so nice? They told me that she was a brat. She jumps on her bed and starts reading a book. Let’s just get this over with. I’ll just stab her.

Suddenly I was back in the present. I realized that I was at the meeting point. I see a masked person who is going to give me the money.
‘Hey, have you done it?’ He asked.
‘Yeah of course,’ I answer, rolling my eyes. ‘I killed the target.’ There was a gasp. Both our heads whip around. There was an eleven year old boy. Like any sensible person he runs away.
‘Go kill him,’ the masked person hisses. ‘I’ll give you an extra $10 000!’
‘Yes of course.’ I run after him. And get knocked back by another memory of that first kill.

I walked away from the crime. What am I doing, I think they all know. I felt naked, all the things I did. I tried not to walk to fast but it was impossible. I start sprinting, tears of regret in my eyes. Nobody stops me maybe they think I had a rough day. Ha, I wish. . .

I wake up and I am in a prison cell. They might have found my body and recognized the widely known Shadow Killer, infamous killer. And that’s my whole story well you might think that it is short story but that is it. Well apart from the part where I escape. Wait you want to hear about that? Ugh, so demanding.

So it was another ordinary day at prison since I have fifty life sentences I saw people come and go. But I could sense something up if they hadn’t told me I wouldn’t have known. They hid it well. The guards had no idea the plan was simple, do the mining task together and half would be mining the rocks the other half would be mining the wall I was on rock duty apparently because I had a “hard hit” that would sound like twenty people instead of ten. Yeah it worked fine. We jumped out of the wall and stuck to the alleyways. And then we changed our names. And that’s how I’m writing this story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!