Grassy Hill

Skies oh so dark, whilst I am waiting for thy.
The dusk has broken once again, for I see a nightingale from the corner of my eye.
Grass ever so green, bugs ever so small.
Trees that have grown tall from being so small, all is beautiful in one’s eye.
There is a slight whisper in the air, for I am not scared, nor am I shy.
I feel at home on this grassy hill, this is my home at will.
There is a caterpillar on my shin, at this moment I feel forgiven for all my sin.
Even now, as it is nearly night, my smile is still bright enough to light the sky.
My eyes begin to fill up with the stars, as I feel compelled to go to Mars.
I feel no sadness being in the world, as my head begins to whirl.
I still await my acquaintance, through the night I start to lose hope, but I don’t.
I know that if thee does not show, I shan’t be alone, for I have the nature around me.
At once thou’s acquaintance comes, we dance under the moonlit night.
The night was perfect, and we could both be perfectly happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!