Corridor

My feet barely touched the floor as I ran.
She was seemingly always just behind me. But, as I ran more, things felt…weirder.
I felt like I was Alice in my very own wonderland. Jagged windows bursting out of their frames and rolling carpets came into view only a few metres away from my eyes then passed through my vision in a way that made it seem like a mirage. They were moving at intensely quick speeds in this corridor of beige walls and velvet floor, but I was managing to get away from her.
After what seemed like an eternity of running, I saw it. A door, perfectly fitted into the frame that surrounded it, contrasting to everything I previously neglected.
I sprinted to it, resorting to desperation. I was deciding whether to jump through or to just turn back and find another exit, even though I knew I had a slim chance of exiting this horrific world. I had not realised that she was standing centimetres behind me, her breath coldly touching my neck.
I leapt through the door.
It was fake.
The cardboard wall surrounding the painted door collapsed, revealing a cyan room with a dim light and no windows. My vision softened, darkened, then faded to black. Some time later, I regained my vision again. I glanced, sight getting slightly better, and found myself in a rather tangled situation. I was tied down by a rope on a chair, with no chance of escape.
In front of me, clad with a weapon-studded belt, was her. Fear gripped me when I saw my face reflected from the polished blade being drawn from the slightly ripped sheath. She was Hercules and I was just one of the powerless creatures in her untold 13th labour. I winced and closed my eyes as cold steel brushed against my throat.
I opened my eyes, like I was waiting for her to finish me off. But somehow, I was in the corridor again, with the beige walls and velvet floor.
I searched around for anything I’d remember. I was even hoping I’d see just one window with a jagged frame or another door. I looked down to check for a scar, but all I found was a blade in my hand, just drawn out of a slightly ripped sheath, on a weapon-studded belt. I heard quick footsteps in front of me, so I looked up. It was myself, running away from me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!