Nothing Lasts Forever

It seems that nothing lasts forever. The green rolling hills did not. The clean waters did not. Every day, I see more and more oil-filled boats passing by. Some people used to notice me but that didn't last either. My home gets murkier everyday. There is a growing silence among the birds. Although there are people who try to help me, there is never enough to make a difference. My first impression of people was that they looked very happy. In the present, everyone I see is too absorbed in their light-up rectangles to notice the birds wheezing or the few butterflies that still remain.

There were once other animals around here. I once heard a story about a creature with duck-like feet and a tail just like a beaver’s. Whether that's a myth or not, most of the animals started disappearing once humans arrived. Whenever I look up from my water, the trees morph into towering silver blocks with squares strewn across them, but that's probably just my eyesight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!