Forever

Whilst I was trying to sleep all I could hear was the rain pouring down like cats and dogs on the old tin roof. I was scared that the rain was going to get through that night. Owen my brother, and I built the house together almost 4 years ago. The rain was getting stronger and stronger the night was getting colder and colder. I still remember the wind howling through the chimney going into each and every room. The curtains blowing in the wind. It almost felt like it was too loud like an echo of the pouring rain.

It was almost soothing but when I rolled over and pulled my blanket up, it was wet. I sat up and I saw my entire room filled with water, I freaked out and tried to get out of bed to wake up Owen but my foot was stuck at the end of my bed and the water was rising fast. I screamed and screamed for help trying to get my brother to come and save me. It was no use I had come to the realisation that I might die in my very own room, but then I had an idea I grab my steel lamp, I tried and tried to break my way out of the metal bars on the end of my bed and finally I did it. I got out of my bed and made my way to Owen’s room. When I went in I realized why he couldn’t hear me. The water hadn’t managed to reach his bed. Owen was a deep sleeper nothing could wake him up except me. I climbed up his bunk bed and shook him as hard as I could and finally, he woke up “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON MY BED JESS ITS 3AM!” he yelled “THE HOUSE IS FLOODING” I screamed at the top of my lungs “WHAT! What do you mean?” He said. He looked down and saw the floor completely covered in murky brown water. “We have to get to the tree house NOW!” he yelled. I jumped down into the water, it was so hard to walk, like sandbags attached to our feet. The water was up to my shoulders at this point I didn't know if I would make it, but Owen assured me that everything was going to be okay.

Eventually when we got outside Owen said, “Wait for me in the tree house okay, I will get anything important from the house okay pancake?”. He called me pancake because while we were building our house all I ate were pancakes. “Okay but I can’t see anything out here Owen” I said with a shiver in my voice “Fine let me find a torch” Owen said sympathetically. Minutes later he came out and handed me my pink torch. Then he left me and went back into the house. Little did I know that would be the last time I would ever see him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!