Summer In California

Spring is over and Summer is here. Today is the first day of Summer in California. I’m Bondi, a girl from Australia. I just moved to Cali. My dad is American and my mum is native Australian. On the beach there’s a new view. I feel the sand it’s so much softer and the wind lifts my hair and lets me fly up to the sky. I realise I’m high in the sky above the clouds ready to fly but then I feel myself falling. THUD! I reach the ground and crash into the sand. It’s getting dark but the sunset is beautiful. I decided to go home.
“Hi Bondi, like the neighbourhood?” asked Mum.
“Yes, it’s amazing” blabbered Bondi.
“How are you two Aussie girls enjoying the USA?” chuckled Dad.
“Loving it” said Mum and Bondi in unison. The family had dinner together and settled into San Francisco, California. Two weeks later it was Bondi’s first day off school. Normally in Australia kids wear uniforms but in the USA, you can wear whatever you want. Bondi had a hard time choosing but in the end she chose a cool but approachable but smart outfit. When she got there a lady greeted her and showed her around. Bondi met all her teachers and made lots of friends. She even had 2 over at her house. Bondi started to get used to San Fran but she still missed her home. The land Down Under.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!