Ghosts

One very special night Cleo woke up from her dream, she looked around the room and spied a shadow near the living room. She rubbed her eyes and looked again but this time it wasn’t there, instead she heard the sound of a cloth being dragged on the floor. “What was that”, Cleo said softly whilst she slowly crept out of bed. She peeked out of her room looking both sides incase someone saw her, then she took one quiet step. As she crept into the living room, she heard a noise coming from her chimney, “hello?” Cleo said softly. Yet nobody responded, “hello?” Cleo said it a little louder this time. She stepped further towards the living room and crept towards the door, “ hello?” Cleo said one last time with a sigh. She turned on the light and heard a soft voice, “please don’t hurt me” said the voice. “ I won’t” Cleo said with a smile, “I’m Cleo, and you are?” said Cleo. “I’m Crystal” she said shyly, Cleo kept on walking into the room to discover this girls Identity. Cleo heard a noise from behind her and then a loud bang. “ Crystal, was that you?” Cleo said hopefully, “ No, I thought it was you?” Crystal said confused. Cleo and Crystal both heard sheets ruffling in Cleo’s mums bedroom, “ Crystal I need you to follow me very quickly” said Cleo quietly. “Ok” said Crystal, Cleo started to run into her bedroom with Crystal following close behind. “Hide!” Cleo said to Crystal, they both crept into a good spot. With Cleo in her bed and Crystal underneath the bed, they lay in silence. Cleo said quietly, “ Crystal, where are you hiding?”, Crystal responded “I’m hiding under your bed”. Cleo grabbed her torch before getting out of her bed and looking for Crystal , “Hello” Cleo said with a smile. “I knew you were a ghost”, underneath Cleo’s bed lay a ghost that looked like a floating sheet. “ will you still be my friend?” Crystal asked hopefully, “of course, you’re my new best friend Crystal!” Cleo spoke too loud and heard a door unlock. “ stay safe Crystal” said Cleo as she crept into her covers, her mum peeked into her room. “Hey Cleo are you asleep, I heard voices?” Cleo’s mum said softly hoping not to wake her up if she was asleep, not realising what had just happened in her house. After her mums question the room went silent with no sounds except the noises in there minds. The next second was fast and cleo realised that Crystal wasn’t under her bed and that she was just dreaming and that she was just exited to go trick or treating today, that must have been why such a strange dream occurred. But in the back of her mind she still hoped that it wasn’t a dream, and that Crystal was her friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!