The Ghost

The clouds hid the sun and caused a giant freezing catastrophe. The rain swept and blew the trees around until it almost got ripped off the ground.
Bang! The thunderstorm zapped the electric lines.

Near a town, there was a little house with moulded timber walls and a half broken roof. Behind the house was a dead garden with dead flowers. James and David were brothers living in the house with their Mum. David wore old black overalls and a pair of sandals and James wore grey pants and a black shirt on that spooky night. That fateful night, the family ran out of food. Unfortunately, their mum had a broken leg, so David and James had to go to the near by town to buy some food for dinner even though the weather was awful.

To get to the nearby town, David and James have to pass through the horrifying graveyard. After about half an hour of getting ready to set off for the walk. They walked along the pathway, they felt a humungous explosion of wind hitting their faces. After a minute walk, they felt a gust of wind blown towards them, there was a shiver down their spines. When they reached the graveyard, David and James had adjusted to the coldness but they felt scared when they entered the graveyard. Suddenly, David saw a white see-through figure in the distance sucking a lady’s soul out of her body and she instantly dropped dead. When the ghost noticed from a distance that David and James were watching him sucking out the soul of the lady, he chased them from the graveyard into the town and towards the grocery store.

James grabbed a handful of garlic at the grocery store and threw it at the ghost. The ghost suddenly melted into little puddles of water. They quickly bought some food and ran home as fast as a cheetah until they reached home.

As soon as they reached home, they told their mum the incident during dinner time. They sweared that they would never dare to walk through the graveyard to the town again. They will take the alternate route. That was a scary walk under the moonlit night.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!