Violet Can Fly

Violet walks peacefully over to the other side of the lake that sparkles as the sun skims it. She then stops when she reaches the other side, she stands with her majestic white and blue parasol with detailed tassels that are fit for a princess. Her beautiful white hair dances with the wind making her look like an angel in her white dress with a blue jacket, which is her uniform as a doll. She stands there motionless for a long moment making it seem like an elegant painting, so peaceful and beautiful. Violet then faces the tall and grand house looking at the kind old man with her emotionless face, perfectly embodying a doll. For a split second her eyes are sparkling blue almost the exact same as the pond in front of her, she then braces herself. She runs elegantly and quickly with her thick booted heels and parasol then launches herself at the still pond. Time almost freezes as she is halfway across the undisturbed pond, at a glance it would seem that she is gliding or even flying. Violet’s dress is flowing in the wind and her heel grazes the pond disturbing the peace and stillness, she then places her other foot on a leaf floating in the now disturbed water, she then starts to lean forward elegantly. Her hair is still flowing beautifully in the wind with her red hair ribbons joining, her parasol is as elegant as Violet. The old man’s eyes start to tear up as he is filled with memories that had been lost long ago of his daughter. His daughter would be around Violet's age but died from an illness many years ago, the old man had never fully recovered. It had seemed like Violet had been flying but reality finally hits and she falls into the pond and the peacefulness of the pond is greatly disturbed. Water droplets escape in all directions, Violet and her parasol are now completely soaked but it still looks like a painted picture, still so elegant. “Did you see that? I believe I made three whole steps” Violet finally peeps, not in disappointment but happiness and astonishment and the old man tears up and flashes a small smile.

Violet can fly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!