The Snowglobe


She looked around the room, watching the tiny,blue,happy birds fly through the window of the gift shop building. Until now, Kate had a job that she likes and was easy. Walking through the aisle,she heard her manager shout out” can someone clean up on aisle 5 please!” Kate quickly walked towards aisle 5 wondering what had happened there.

As Kate was cleaning aisle 5, her task had stopped and she was distracted by a shiny,glowing,small snow globe left on the floor. The globe was as clear as glass. A string of curiosity and happiness filled her body. Kate picked up the glowing snow globe and gave it a shake.

In the blink of an eye, Kate had entered another world. Specks of white,cold snow blasted in her face. Icy,strong wind roared around her. The smell of damp snow lurked in the air. Her heart pounded. Kate glanced around the area where white, thick snow was quicksand and mist covered the area like a massive cloud. Stumbling forward, she saw a small husky struggling to escape the snow's grasp. Where was she?

Without thinking, Kate launched forward and dodged the large ice from the snow mountains like a ninja. She looked at how she was going to free the puppy when she noticed that she could use her hand to free the pup. As she entered her hands in the snow it was so cold that she thought she was going to get a frostbite. Eventually, Kate freed the husky and picked the puppy up.

“Are you ok?” Kate asked quickly. Scared and frightened, the puppy looked her in the eye if she had just been scared by a ghost. The husky looked to the left and started barking. Kate rushed to the last and started digging again. At last, Kate found the snow globe in the freezing snow. Grabbing the small husky in one hand she soaked the snow globe again. Immediately, she was teleported back to the gift shop with her clutching a little husky beside her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!