Summer Time Heart Break

The moon shone onto the gritty sands of the beach, waves clapping against each other and seagulls mewing slowly disappearing from my ears. The gritty sand going in between my fingers as i pick them out, and blow,sand flying into the air like feathers falling from birds. my chin resting on my knees as I bring my legs in, the warmth of the summer air surrounding me once more like a flock of birds.

"Are you alright?" an angelic voice asked beside me, as i turned my head, a girl as beautiful as gods connected her eyes to mine. Specks of sudden sweat falling from my forehead as our eye contact grew and silence came to be. The deeper i looked, the more pages started to fly as our story was close to the end, I could feel the irresistible pull.

A small thin,red rope tugged us closer than ever, the lips i saw so stared at began to come closer, only a tiny gap remained in between us. Her eyes fluttered to my chapped lips before returning to my eyes, The small sparkles in the air seemed to shine lighter. I could feel the caterpillars inside me slowly take form as butterflies, beautifully designed butterflies that seemed to make my body shake in nervousness.

"Violet,meeting you over this summer has been one of the best things to ever happen, I wish to be with you forever" She confessed, eyes still examining me,trying to find the last page to our story."My happiness belongs to you."

Without another words the thin red rope finally pulled us together, Her soft strawberry lips locked to my dry lips.A euphoric feeling filled my body as our lips moved in sync, it was a short but wonderful kiss. Our lips finally unlocked as the space between us started to get further away.

"Sandy, visit me next summer" was all that could come out of my mouth before standing up, the gritty sand that i hated so much touched my feet. Sandy sent a sorrowful look as tears glistened in her green eyes, no matter how much the rope tried to pull us together again, i couldn't. I turned around and walked, leaving the only person i ever learned to love behind.

For the first time in my left, I didn't want summer to end, I wanted to turn back and stay with her forever but i couldn't as that was just how it was made to be, The summer had come to an end and so did our chapter in our now separated life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!