The Ant.

The ant was a humble creature, nothing more, nothing less, than an ant.
One day, while foraging for food, the ant found a photograph.
Suddenly, The Ant knew.
The Ant knew of pain, and how terrifyingly it was. And it knew of hunger, and how dull it was.
And it knew of joy, and how pleasurable it was. And it knew of fear, and how full of terror it was.
And it knew of despair, and how aching it was. And it knew of fun, and how exciting it was.
And it knew of anger, and how hot it was. And it knew of love, and how sickeningly addictive it was.
And it knew of grief, and how isolating it was.
And…
And…
And…it was an Ant.
Dazed, it stepped back. It had no need for these complex emotions, for it needed to collect food.
Because in the end, it was nothing more, nothing less,
than an Ant.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!