The Portal

BOOM! CRASH!
It was during a thunder storm and I was sitting inside the house, extremely bored and unable to go outside and play. I hated staying inside this long because there was absolutely no entertainment. I decided to explore the house. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom but as I was walking I saw a strange white light from the kitchen. I slowly walked back down the steps keeping an eye on the strange light. It was coming from the pantry. There was a strange noise from inside. Something or someone was inside the pantry. I grabbed pan from the kitchen sink, ready to strike. Then i slowly eased the door open.
"AAAAAAAAAAGHHH!", I screamed. Something scuttled out of the pantry.
I slammed at it with my pan again and again until it finally stopped moving. I lifted the pan up and looked at what i had just killed. it was only a cockroach. I sighed with relief. but there was something else. the source of the light was still in there. The light shone brighter. I crawled into the pantry, with my pan ready to strike any cockroaches in the way. Then I saw it. It was a bright glowing circle of white. I put my hand through. It disappeared. I should have left right then but I was too curious. I went into the portal.
I was in a blindingly bright universe. The sun was shining high in the air and the trees were big and tall. the houses were scattered in a way i had never seen before. It looked as though the builders had built a house wherever they found space. There was no road an there were so many animals minding their own business. the lions had their own territory at the back and giraffes and elephants were everywhere. There were humans with hats on and sunscreen smothered on them so there skin looked white and they were all wearing sunglasses and not at all looking like anything was wrong. The little children were all playing together and petting the giraffe and feeding cats. I walked up to one of the women wearing a purple dress who was sitting on a chair with a bird perched on her arm. "Excuse me?", I asked as politely as I could, "Where is this place?"
"This place? You, my friend, YOU are in The World Of Peace, she replied
This world was so peaceful I just HAD to stay but I could easily visit my parents from the portal that led to my pantry.
THE END or was it? Was war about to descend on the world of peace because now somebody else had found the portal that led here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!