The Jagelte And The Thunderbird

Crack! A clap of thunder echoed throughout the mountains. This wasn’t any ordinary mountain. It was a mountain where every single species of animal lived. It also was known as The Mountain of Animals. The MoA (Mountain of Animals) had started before the earth even started. Technically, The MoA was the start of Earth. The earth grew under The MoA and became what it is today. The mountain was an unspoiled mountain of nature. Every single animal lived there. Even mythical creatures. Pegasi, unicorns, dragons, basilisks, ghosts, gnomes, griffins, elves, goblins, cyclops, fairies, giants all made their homes there and bred so much that there were thousands of every single creature. All except one. The Jagelte, the rarest animal in the universe. The Jagelte could teleport, fly and breathe fire.
Jaud looked up and shook his head. A mythical animal must have escaped from the home of animals, The MoA which was his home too. He concentrated and disappeared but appeared in mid-air beating his wings.
“Must be a thunderbird or something. Nothing can make thunder as loud as that.” Jaud thought aloud.
Jaud swooped around searching for the animal. Another loud clap of thunder shook the earth. Jaud concentrated hard and found himself near a volcano. He was on land this time. He looked up and saw a thunderbird. It was Anul! Jaud allowed his wings to catch the breeze. He got lifted into the air. He dived down but Anul spotted him! Anul opened her beak and sound waves of thunder came out. Jaud was blasted away.
Jaud had an idea. He focused and breathed fire. Anul was about to blast another sound wave at Jaud when Jaud suddenly teleported all around him in a sphere while breathing fire. Anul suddenly found himself trapped in a fire sphere.
“Okay, okay, I surrender. Can you let me out?” Anul pleaded to Jaud.
“As long as you promise not to make thunder anymore.” Jaud bossily replied.
“I promise.” Anul said with big eyes.
Jaud then chanted
“Fire, fire my lord the fire
If Anul is a great big liar,
Then keep her in my sphere of fire but
If she is not, then set her free but
Please keep in mind if she does not
keep her promise encase her
in a sphere of fire.”
“Anul, if you heard that you should know what it means.”
Anul nodded and the fire sphere disappeared. Anul then spread her wings and vanished in a flash. Jaud then grinned and vanished into thin air too. Jaud appeared under a cluster of trees but then he heard a sound. Splash! The mountain’s rivers were forming a giant serpent that started circling the mountains, preventing anyone to come in or to come out. Jaud had another creature to stop.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!