The Backrooms

The Backrooms
The Backrooms is a creepy place, where monsters hither and tither sprout one by one. People ‘Disappear’ from reality without death. Reports of every missing person could be classified as ‘Out of Reality’.

Now, let’s look at an innocent boy called ‘Kai’. Kai was an ordinary 8 year old with a pair of smartly worn sneakers, his face was just like any other kid that we could think of, handsome face, well-modeled hair and moreover.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Kai exclaimed while dashing through the queue of pavements.
Gosh! Such a wannabe for the schedule!
Kai would just have to walk to school.
“Ahh!” Kai fell down… through the pavement…

“Where… am I?” Kai observed his surroundings.
Sure, the background is a colour of a school bus, but this looked liked a maze, the floors were sticky, there was no trace.
“Where is the janitor?” Kai was disgusted when he laid eyes upon the stickiness.
Oh well, I just have to find my way out myself.
He stumbled through a drawn sign: ‘Level 0’.
No help, besides, 0?!
However, Kai used some knowledge and found his way out.

“Wha? This elevator has, no buttons?” Kai realized he entered an auto-elevator.
When he reached up one floor, or that’s what it seems, he turned back, but the elevator vanished…
This is getting way scarier…
“Hey there, you lost?” A girl asked.
“Wait, there are humans?” Kai yelped.
“Well, I have been here since I was 8 months old.” The girl brags.
“Wait… what?”
“Yeah, for some reason, I lost my parents because my mom dropped me, not your fault mom! Onto the solid concrete… and I got out of reality?” The girl explains.
“Wait… those posters…” Kai was struck with a bulb.
“I guess you knew too… wait, when were you here?”
“Uhh… 5 or so minutes ago.” Kai shrugs and rubs his head.
“Hey you!”

“What? Me?” Kai pointed his two hands to himself.
“And her!” The voice demanded again.
“What?” The girl shouted.
We limped closer, seeing a tall man.
“Help me do it or else. You both choose a slide each, if none of you come back, I know it is the other slide, but if someone survives, I know it is that slide.”
“No way!” Kai puts an ‘X’ on his hands.
“You want me to shoot the trigger?”
“No!”
“Then do as I ask.”
“It was nice meeting you…” Kai sighed.
“Yeah, you too, friend…” The girl sighed back and they both slid down a slide.
“MAN! THAT GIRL GOT THROWN OFF! AND WHAT IS THAT?!”
Kai saw a smiler, having a creepy smile and two bare white eyes, two big white eyes.

“Are you there?” The man asks.
“Yes! And it is the wrong slide!” Kai hints. “Now pull me up!”
“Ok! Here is a rope!”
BZZH ZINK!
“What was that?” Kai asked.
“Aah!”
Kai saw a metal head without eyes, yet can see…
“It’s this slide! It’s home!”
But it wasn’t home…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!