Hunted

Hunted

She flinched at the sight of it. Blood stained the trees. On the ground, lay a horrible sight. “They’re coming…” she whispered, fear darkening her gaze.


Ally was something unusual you would say, she lived with her family and life is a big game of hide and seek. Ally’s family were all hiders, she lived deep in the woods and would constantly be hunted down by what they call, hunters. They all lived like prey, being hunted down every second. At the age of five, her brother was traded in and suffered the fate of what seemed to be like prey.

The forest was safe, safe from the hunters who would come there at night. A loud howl sounded in the distance, making Ally shiver with fear. Her mother and father were traded in not long ago. She was all alone now. All by herself.

A man her age appeared. Ally hid deeper into the bushes as he came closer. She heard a loud BANG followed by a scream of agony. Her body was shaking with fear. No child should have to go through this. But Ally did.

She hid in a hole all night and only came out when all the hunters were gone. When she emerged from the hole she had made, Blood. Everywhere. Blood stained the muddy earth, plants ripped from where the hunters had set traps. This was a true nightmare, but there was nothing she could do about it.

Ally was filthy. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t hide forever…. One day- she was caught. “Get your hands off me!” she shrieked. “Make me,” he responded fiercely, he pushed her to the ground, pinning her hands behind her back. “Help!” she was screaming with all the little strength left in her body. Her foot got caught in a trap! She was unable to move. Soon, all her struggles died away and the hunter left her where the foxes and buzzards would find her. Everything blacked out.

She woke up to a fox growling at her. It stood a tail-length away from her, licking its lips, Hunger showing in its eyes. Ally wriggled away slowly, aware of the fox coming closer. Something incredible… something amazing… the fox didn’t bite. Instead, it dropped some berries. Ally gratefully ate them as the fox untangled the trap. It had ripped her flesh and blood was gushing out from her wound. Ally ate the berries but then felt dizzy. She realised with a shocking jolt, they were Death Berries.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!