My Place

My place is beautiful: a garden, a lake and a simple cottage tucked out of sight by a forest.
My cottage sits in the otherwise empty grove, the wildlife and the crackling sound of a fire the only sounds in the otherwise silent world. The garden is hidden by silvery-iron gates and a worn brick wall that stands at least two feet tall. It is green, beautiful - and blissfully silent. I love just sitting on the old stone bench in my garden of peace.
The lake is the only outlier - as beautiful as it is, it hides a dark secret. Beyond the lake, another island sits in the centre. I don’t go to that island, as it no longer belongs to me. Well, sort of… It belongs to the memories I keep hidden and caged up on that island. I can only reach it if I walk under the deep purple waves of my lake. Under the waves, it’s all noise: crying, screaming…fighting. But, as I said, I don’t go there. I’m happy in my silent, peaceful place; and I don’t want anything else corrupting my place…not again, at least.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!