Beyond The Fridge

Hi! I'm Tammy, but my friends call me Tam. Actually most of my friends have the same name as me, but my male friends go by the name Tim. We are all roommates and we have the best time together! But recently our home got broken into and our friend Tim was kidnapped! After that everything got a little crazy, Amongst the ruckus of Tim being stolen, an earthquake hit. Our home began to rattle and shake, it felt like the earth came out from under us. Then it went dark. Darker then usual and we all began to shiver. We had never experienced this type of weather before, chaos broke loose! Everyone was speaking at once, I could barley get a word in, i could barley heard myself think, that was until we were interrupted by the sound of an unfamiliar voice.
"Your in the fridge" Exclaimed the deep and mysterious voice. We all went quiet for a moment, we were unsure of what lurked outside the walls of our house...well what lurked outside of our packet.
"You've been put in the fridge" Shrieked a strange voice different to the one we had heard before. I grew curious and wanted to know what this "fridge" was, So I spoke up.
"What is a fridge?' I muttered
"Where they put us after we are opened" The peculiar voice declared.
"What do you mean, Opened?" I interrogated.
"See that rip that has been made on the side of your packet, that means you've been opened" Announced the unknown voice.
"That's where they took Tim from, do you know where they have taken him?" I quizzed.
"None of us know what happens to our friends after they leave the fridge, last week Brie left and we haven't seen her since." they stated.
Silence filled the fridge, and my thoughts drifted off. I wonder what Tim is doing right now. Maybe he is at the beach relaxing with a cold one watching the waves greet the sand, or fine dining on a yacht listening to the sound of smooth jazz fill up the room. I wonder if he misses us or is enjoying the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower, maybe he is flying first class to Milan for fashion week or sight seeing in Western Australia.
Oh the possibilities, I can only imagine what life is like outside the fridge. Tim must be living the dream right now, I hope to see him again one day.
Suddenly the sound of bottle clinking together filled up the fridge as the French doors opened. Through the rip on the side, I saw a hand slowly reaching for packet. "It's my turn! It's my turn!" I shouted with excitement. Cheers from my friends was all I heard as I was being pulled towards the light. But those cheers quickly turned to screams as I hurdled towards a cup of scorching hot bushels tea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!