The Untold Story

The children screamed and ran inside their houses, leaving the street quiet and abandoned. Some hid under their bedsheets, others face pressed against the glass of their windows, leaving sweat marks as they ran away. The man outside strutted along the concrete road; his blood red cape draped behind him as he walked. His black shirt was torn, and his fangs were dripping with blood. The smell of the blood that dripped onto his clothes and onto the floor brought about the reminder of the chaos a vampire had once caused in the peaceful town of ‘Hallow’. His long sharp, black, claw like fingernails scraped the edge of the brick wall, leaving sparks alight, and nail-dug marks left as a mark of his appearance that night. He reached the end of ‘Hallow Street’ and as his blood red cape rose up behind him, he shot up into the peaceful black sky like a bullet being shot out of a cannon.

A few hours later, Count Felix was flying above his immensely tall castle upon the clifftop. He flew down to the cliff and landed just in front of the vast, timber, double doors of his castle. As Felix landed, his deep voice shouted, “Hunter”. That moment, the grand doors of his castle opened to reveal the broad amount of space within it. As Felix walked in, he sighed at the photos that were pinned onto the rich dark walls of this castle. These photos were of his great Grandfather. The famous vampire that goes by the name of ‘Dracula’.
“Are you okay their mate”, said a high-pitched West country voice that came as a surprise for Felix who jumped.
“I wasn’t expecting you to come so soon Hunter”, mentioned Felix proudly.
“You feeling okay. You ain’t seem alright. You staring at those photos. You sound and look sad, eye mate”, specified Hunter.
“I’m fine. Just… keep tidying up the castle. We will leave it clean and nice for the next owners.

A few weeks ago, the castle had a visitor. Troy Harker, who was a real estate agent, offered Felix and Hunter a new home in South Australia. This castle was soon going to be home to the new King and Queen of Romania. The castle was now so clean that even through the darkness of the castle, you could feel a sense of belonging. The simple, but affective pendant lights, lit up the comfy sitting area and hallway right beside it.
“Wow! Great job Hunter. The royals will love our home!”
“Thanks mate. Me worked for ‘bout 5 hours on dis beauty”
“Now. I think it is time to drink to our findings. Go collect some blood soda Hunter”, said Felix while Hunter hurried off to collect some blood soda from the kitchens.
Hunter came back with 2 glasses filled to the brim with what looked like blood but was fizzing like soda. Felix took one for himself and gave one to Hunter.
“Cheers to a new beginning”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!