When Golden Trumpets Flowed With Glee

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

As I awaited the sunset, The world around me seemed ablaze, It’s hallowed cracks appeared with haze. Whilst I wondered on with regret.
There has without a doubt, Been a change to our bliss planet, Our worst dreams are about, To become our reality.
As the world burns all around me, I wonder about our golden pasts, The days without fear and blight blasts, Have faded away with flee.
Seldomly I ponder, If we could just go back in time, Back to our good pasts, such wonder, When golden trumpets flowed with glee.
Frequently I wonder, If we could somehow fix this all, It isn’t so over yonder, If we just stick together. As the world burns all around me,
I realise the world isn’t so bleak, If we work, we shall return back, When golden trumpets flowed with glee.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!