Trapped In Hell

For the millionth, Beatrice slammed against the thick, steel door like a soldier charging into war. ‘Please…let me out. I just want to go home.’
‘Assuming that your house is still in one piece,’ Raven, her very optimistic roommate, snorted. That was the last straw for Beatrice. She slid down the door and hugged her knees to her chest, her dark hair splayed out surrounding her like a blanket. Burying her head, a soft whimper escaped from her. Raven’s eyes widened. ‘Oh crap. Please don’t cry. I’m so sorry. I’m sure when you get out of this hellhole, you’ll get to be with your beautiful family in your beautiful house that is definitely in one piece.’ Unfortunately, that really did not help. Beatrice let out a loud wail as she drowned in her tears. Raven internally cringed. Emotional teenage girls were definitely not her thing. ‘Uh, do you want a hug?’ she asked awkwardly. Beatrice continued to sob, not replying. Sighing, Raven slid off the bunk bed and sat down next to the exploding dam. It’s going to be a long night, she thought to herself.
A river of tears later, Beatrice had finally gotten into bed and was snoring like a train on steroids. However, Raven still sat in the same spot as before, brooding batman style. Her roommate had just come in at the beginning of the week, but she already made Raven think about things she hadn’t thought about for months. She wondered about her family and friends. Did they ever miss her after her abduction? Was her house still in one piece? Would she ever escape from this hell of a place? Click! Raven froze. Did the door just…unlock? She jumped up and tugged the door. It opened. She peeked outside, but, no one was there. ‘Beatrice! Wake up! We’re escaping tonight!’ Even Raven was surprised herself at the excitement in her voice.
‘Wha…WE’RE ESCAPING!’ Beatrice shot out of her bed like a bullet.
A pale hand slapped her mouth, ‘Shut up or else we’ll get caught you idiot!’
‘Sorry.’
The two silently stepped out of the room and continued down the hallway. Whoever had kidnapped them was clearly loaded. The house -no, mansion- screamed ‘we have a lot of money’ and ‘this extremely useless decoration with absolutely no purpose costs more than you do’. Eventually, they managed to find the stairs. Raven let out a relieved sigh, like she had expected them to be caught. ‘God, please help us,’ she muttered. They stumbled down the very expensive glass staircase, all the way through the way too many floors without a single problem. Both of the girls started to feel very suspicious and uneasy. How come no one had caught them yet?
‘Hello, ladies. It’s a bit late to go out, don’t you think?’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!