I Don't Like Christmas

I don’t like Christmas, all the shouting and screaming, all the talking and chatting and all the ripping and tearing. Christmas is just so loud I bet you agree with me right… What?
Ok, ok but this next one will get you.
What about the chores your parents are making you do and the overwhelming jobs that you have to do, overwhelming jobs are just so overwhelming. Do you agree with me now… No?
Fine this time you will agree. All the mess after, that you have to clean up, there's not much to go on but three paragraphs should do… AAGG again, pfft tough crowd.
Fine so we aren’t agreeing. Just tell me why I don’t like Christmas, then tell me why I should. Go on, don't be shy.
“Because you’re the Grinch.”
Yeah…wait what, no I’m not.
“How do we know for sure?”
Have you even seen me? I'm a small boy with brown hair, a black suit and always wears a top hat.
“Even when you sleep?”
You don’t need to know. Anyway, back to the point of what I am.
“The Grinch.”
Aggg just tell me why I should like Christmas.
“Cake, food, presents, Santa and family.”
Sniff, sniff wow that last one got me deep inside sniff, sniff. I get why I need to love Christmas.
“Yay three cheers to the Grinch.”
I’m not the Grinch.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!