A New Home

As Jason peered through the gaps between the fences, he could see what was going on. A sudden sensation flowed through his body as he saw machines and trucks parked outside, people exiting. His mother had told him not to worry and that they will be moving away as soon as the house has completed the demolition. But Jason could not see the purpose of the ideas that his parents had implemented. Just because the house was aged and sections of it were rotting, it doesn't mean that they had to buy a house somewhere far away.

The clanking sounds of the bulldozers made Jason uneasy as he saw part of his house collapse to the dirt. It was horrifying and he watched the event take place with his mouth gaped open. He did not know why his parents concluded the decision on doing this. His brain flooded with thoughts, both about the advantages and disadvantages of moving away. "Dad, why do we need to purchase another house if we could spend some money on repairs?" Jason asked, hoping for his father to alter his mind. His father looked depressed as well, but all he replied was that repairing would cost even more than living in another place. Jason exhaled, weeping as he thought about what his friends would think. He knew that there was no way to convince anyone in his family to remain. An enormous noise was heard as the rest of the house was destroyed.

It was a sudden and cataclysmic transformation in his life that nothing could have prepared him for. It was a major change to his development and he had to accept where he belonged. "Come on son, we're going now," his mother called as she drove the car near the edge of the road. Jason took a final view of his old home and closed the doors of the car. He stared out of the window, tears sliding down his cheeks. As the car's engine became clear in the silence, Jason vowed that he would never forget his childhood experience there. He wished to discover the same joyfulness as he had in his previous home.

After a few hours of driving, the car came to a halt and the doors flung open. The family grabbed the bags and strode towards a house that read, "39 Edward Street". They entered the house, observing their surroundings carefully, admiring the clean tables and floor. There was a bookshelf, similar to the one they had before and a lounge room too. Noticing the fantastic furniture, Jason realised his future. This was only the beginning and although the area was fairly new to him, he was determined to live a magnificent life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!