Memories

“Come on!” I groaned as He pulled me. “I want you to meet my friend” I looked at the boy beside him. “Hi,” he awkwardly mumbled. I stared into his glossy brown eyes. My eyes slowly traveled around his face, from his eyes, to his mouth. “Hey,” I replied. I was about to ask for his name when the bell rang. Everyone started running to their lines. As I watched him run off, my lips curved up into a smile. I hoped I’d get to see him again one day.

All that was on her mind was the day she met him. A day that she didn’t know would change her life forever.
“We will always be friends. Forever.” ''Do you promise?” “I promise.”
It had been three days and she already missed him so much. She thought she would have forgotten about him by now but how could she? She met this boy last year and fell in love with him. He was a year younger than her but it didn’t matter. All she wanted was to see him again. This year, she started high school and had already accepted the fact that she would never see him again. But it still hurt. She missed him more than she could ever describe. All she longed for was to see his face and his beautiful smile. Her heart ached and she couldn’t stop thinking about him. She stared at her phone. No message. ‘He must be busy.’ She thought.

They were friends who texted each other every day but never spoke in person because one would be too shy. She found the boy adorable. All his quirks and the silly things he did she admired. How much she knew she would never see him again but there was still a small spark of hope that he would come to her high school though she knew all too well it wouldn’t happen.

She stared at the photo on her phone. Only looking at his face. Tears flowed down her face. A notification popped up on her phone from him. It read, 'hii, school isn’t the same without you. Hope to see you soon!’ As much as she wanted to talk to him so badly, she couldn’t. Because she knew that if she did, she would have to get over him all over again. She just set the phone aside and closed her eyes. It wasn’t like she was going to fall asleep but she could block everything off. For now at least.

“I guess forever didn’t actually mean forever. And in the end it was not meant to be. But they’ll continue to search for parts of each other in other people. “

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!