The Journey

“Dad, dad! I found it!” Bella shouted.
“Be careful Bella, I don't want you getting hurt! We don’t know what any of this could mean,” her dad warned.
“All I have to say are these words; legando, luspanso, defacto and something will happen…”
FLASH Bella had to cover her eyes as something surprisingly came out of thin air. She jumped in awe, as she had never seen something so beautiful and terrifying simultaneously.
The day of Bella’s grandad's death was horrendous. She felt like a piece of her heart was missing. Not even the book her grandad left her in his will reminded her of him. Bella was confused why her grandad left such a peculiar thing in his will for her. Last night when Bella’s father was reading her the book they both felt that there was more to the book than the words on the page. Bella felt a sense of connection and belonging. The book seemed old and dusty and must have been some family secret passed down from generation to generation. Bella was eager to find out more!
She discussed what she thought with her father. With enough convincing tomorrow morning, bright and early they would set foot towards Riverside Lake.
Bella’s alarm was silenced by the loud gusts of wind of the early morning. Bella jumped out of bed in a hurry as the thought of Riverside Lake suddenly popped into her head. Bella quickly put her clothes on and snatched her backpack and the book. She went into her parent’s room cautiously, not wanting to wake up her mum. She woke her dad up and after a few minutes, they drove to Riverside Lake.
Bella and her father left the car nervously not knowing what to expect. They walked along the tranquil river until they saw a small wooden boat that was mentioned in the book. They hopped carefully into the wooden boat and off they paddled along the tranquil river. After a few minutes of paddling, Bella caught something in the corner of her eye and told her father to paddle towards it. As they got closer Bella and her father saw a cave, they quickly paddled towards it and suddenly came to a stop. They found themselves on land in front of a cave.
Bella and her father went into the cave searching for the real reason they had come, to find the mysterious lantern mentioned right at the end of Bella’s grandad’s special book.
“Dad, dad! I found it!” Bella shouted.
“Be careful Bella, I don't want you getting hurt! We don’t know what any of this could mean,” her dad warned.
“All I have to say are these three words; legando, luspanso, defacto and something will happen…”
FLASH! Out of thin air, a genie appeared and offered Bella one wish. She wished for her grandad to come back and be with her on this journey. Indeed, her grandad suddenly appeared. Bella hugged him tightly and was filled with emotions. She was happy, shocked and also surprised that her grandad was back and that the genie made her wish come true. Grandad was proud that Bella and her father had discovered what the book meant. As they made their way back to the car Bella was thrilled to have her grandad back again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!