Drowning In A Nightmare

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Blood darker than fresh beetroot juice created a puddle near my feet. Who was I to deserve this? Actually, why was it my dumb idea in the first place? Now I am stuck in a cramped basement filled with cobwebs.

Three days ago…

There I was walking around the neighbourhood at twelve pm to find a shortcut to Elodie’s house (my best friend). Twelve pm was the only time of choice as Elodie was going to move schools and she had been so busy with packing and homework, that if I didn’t show up then she’d have to leave without saying goodbye to me. The next morning she’d leave at 8 am and still had some packing to do so it would be really annoying and stressful for her and her parents to see me around at that time.

A forest passed by and I had a brilliant idea (or so I thought). Instead of walking straight and wasting fifteen more minutes to get there, I could cut through the forest to Elodie’s house in no time. So without thinking I set off on this journey. Within minutes I felt someone lurking around a few trees stalking me, it became even more frightful when the presence of whatever it was became strong enough to send blood curling chills down my spine.

SCREEEECHI was frightened half to death by the ear-splitting noise of a car that stopped right in front of me. Out of the driver’s window popped a familiar face, then I remembered who it was. It was Mr McGregor one of the old cranky neighbours down our street. Before I could say anything, he questioned angrily as if he cared about someone for once, “what do you think you’re doing in the middle of the forest here Miss Everest Hamilton?” Before I could reply he got out of his car, grabbed my wrist and pushed me in the back seat where he locked the doors and started driving on an isolated road.

Pain throbbed in my head as blood started to drip down my shoulder. He had pushed me so hard I hit my head on the window and was now bleeding from my forehead. “Where are we going?” I questioned weakly but had no reply. An hour later he stopped in front of a tumbledown cottage that seemed to be ancient, and then took me down to the basement where he locked me in and before he left, he said a few words that left me shocked, “you WILL starve down here until you learn not to walk at night alone okay? I will then free you after seven whole days but for now you will stay here TRAPPED and HUNGERY.” He then turned around and left snorting like a pig. Questions and thoughts were swirling in my mind but for now I needed to save myself and get out of here in time…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!