The Night Before Christmas

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

It was the night before Christmas, and Pudding the elf on the shelf was getting ready to go home to the North Pole. He was very excited. "Now this job is done, I can relax,” said Pudding. But he spoke too soon.
Pudding was a scout elf, and he worked as a Santa helper in preparing his "Nice and Naughty” list by visiting the children’s houses. He had a red and white jumpsuit that he always wore. He loved to smile and was always kind to others. His biggest passion was to be the best scout elf and fulfil children's Christmas wishes. But sometimes, he was a little bit naughty and enjoyed pulling pranks. He liked to wrap Christmas trees with toilet paper, scribble on the back of children's drawings and do other hilarious things.
Pudding was staying in Lisa's house, watching over her. They had become best friends. Lisa loved chatting with Pudding even though he wasn’t responding to her because she believed in Santa and the Elves. There was never a day where she didn’t talk to Pudding. Lisa wished she could see Santa and the Elves in action on Christmas night when they were delivering presents.
It was close to midnight, and Lisa came down the stairs to check on Pudding. Pudding, who was in front of the Christmas tree, got terrified of being spotted, and he had to hide! He slipped behind the Christmas tree and flew up to hold onto one of the baubles. Lisa's dog and cat were chasing around the Christmas tree, and the bauble that Pudding was hanging onto was starting to fall. It was a catastrophe! Pudding fell on the floor along with the bauble. Lisa was quick to pick up Pudding before her dog could chew on him. She placed him high up on the tree where the dog couldn't reach.
"Phew!” said Pudding; he was relieved to have not been chewed on. When he tried to move, he couldn't! His magic was gone as Lisa touched him! Pudding was devastated, he thought he would never move again, and all his hope was lost. After a while, Pudding remembered that it was Christmas eve, and Santa would visit soon and restore Pudding's magic. He waited patiently until he heard someone coming down the chimney.
"Ho! Ho! Ho! It looks like you are in a sticky situation; let me help you, Pudding” said Santa and clicked his fingers. Twirls of magic appeared and gave Pudding his power of magic back to him. After delivering presents to Lisa, Santa and Pudding took off into the night sky. It was indeed a magical Christmas eve for Pudding!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!