Carpatopia

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

Carpatopia the city of wavering control and undying corruption. The one place no person ever has entered or left. Torn so far apart from all other societies that only I, the narrator know what happens in this place so mysterious no one outside knows for sure whether it still exists or ever truly did. You might have heard tales of Atlantis or Eldorado but this is the story of a place more mysterious than every legend put together. About the destruction of the corruption of this land and it begins NOW.
“Into the tunnels.”
“bu-.“
“Now. If you want to die, we can talk but I would prefer to live thank you very much.”
“Fine, you big meanie, but once we’re done I’m telling my mommy all about you and you better run really, really far.”
“Ok your majesty, but can we live first then talk.”
“Yes if you really want to know, we can go.” Slowly and stealthily, they progressed through the sewage tunnels, turning at every corner to get the authorities off their tail. She was all that was left of the resistance after all and couldn’t afford any mistakes but little did she know she’d just made the biggest mistake ever. This mistake would destroy them all unless they destroyed it first.
“Hurry up we need to get to the temple before it arrives.”
“Before what arrives and why are we going to a temple.”
“I can’t tell you. It would ruin everything I, we’ve worked for.”
“Fine but what do you want meanie.”
“Freedom.”
“For wh-“
“Shh, we’re here. Not a word from you now unless you want to get caught.”
“But why do you want freedom of all things,” He replied as quietly as he possibly could. But no answer was returned, they were too close. Steadily, they ascended the old, rusted ladder sliding out the top into the temple. A chilling draft seeped through the cracks and moonlight shone through a skylight casting a luminescent glow on the crimson ruby.
“Touch it.”
“What, that?”
“Yep, if you are the one, you’ll save us. If not at least I’m close enough that I won’t live to see it.”
“Bu-”
“I don’t care about your buts, just do it.”
“Fine,” Cautiously he approached the gem his reflection gleaming on the surface. He touched the gem with a single finger and a force began to stir beneath him assassinating all purity that may have been in his already tainted soul. A swirling storm brewed beneath their feet forcefully engulfing everything in its path until only it remained. A never-ending storm, traveling, protecting its master from those who would harm it, biding its time at the centre of the most mysterious place in the world, the Bermuda triangle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!