A Snowy Dream

Once there was a little girl named Pearl. Pearl was a sick little girl from birth. She wasn't able to leave her house to make sure she wouldn't become more sick then what she was. There was one thing that Pearl wanted to experience even if it was only for a couple seconds. A snowy day. She imagined what it would be like for hours on end every day. Snowflakes falling perfectly, frost on everything, snow angels, snowman and snow cones. The more she pictured it the more she felt like it could happen one day. One day she woke up and she couldn't believe her eyes, it was snowing outside. So Pearl asked her parents if she could go outside for a little just to feel the snow. Her parents said that it wasn't safe for her because of her illness. She was upset but that didn't stop her she watched the snow fall all day from her window, until the point that she fell asleep at her window. When she woke up she was shocked because she was outside in the snow, even though she wasn't allowed to. She didn't even know how she got there, but it was magical in Pearl's eyes. Then she heard something behind her coming from one of the bushes. All she could see was a fluffy white tail. So she asked whatever it was to come out so she could see it. Pearl didn't know how to react because what came out was a polar bear and it looked friendly. She wasn't sure how it was possible, because for one she lived in Canada and two polar bears don't hide in bushes, in the forest. Pearl turned around to run into her house but she realized it wasn't there. Pearl started to cry because she didn't know where she was. Whilst she was crying more animals came out to where she was but not normal animals. Penguins, snow owls, more polar bears and reindeers. When she stopped crying she realized that all the animals were around her. They didn't look harmful. What caught her eye was a penguin because it was playing in the snow. So Pearl decided to play in the snow too. Because she didn't know if she would get a chance ever again. She spent hours playing and enjoying herself in the snow with the animals. Until when she stopped for a little, everything started to fade away and everything went black. Then she woke up sitting at her window and realized it was all a dream. She saw that one little penguin that she had played with earlier waving at her and then ran away into the forest. She didn't know if it was a dream or reality but either way it was one of her happiest memories. Then her parents came in with an extremely thick coat for her and they finally had a family snow day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!