The Mum Who Hates Stories

My mum hates stories! She doesn’t let me read or write stories even though I want to. Not letting someone do something that they want to do is practically torture. It’s simply not fair and plain wrong. I can’t believe that my mum hates stories. She’s nuts!



It all started when I came home from school with an assessment task which was to write a story about anything. I was super excited as I loved writing stories at school. I started writing, in my opinion, a wonderful first paragraph. I listened to music as I wrote my story, not realizing that my mum was calling me to come downstairs.



Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps stomping towards my bedroom. ‘Oh no! Mum’s going to ground me for not listening to her’ I thought, but as always, I was wrong. Mum stomped her way into my bedroom and shrieked. “Why are you writing a story?! Never! Nonsense! You are grounded for a week!” she screamed. “But mum......” I trailed off. “Zip! Zop! Nada! I want to hear nothing. Two weeks grounded! No seeing friends! I never, ever want to see you reading or writing a story!” mum roared. “Gosh! She’s insane!” I mumbled. “What’s that?” mum strictly asked. “Nothing.” I spoke.



Mum was starting to act weirdly. She banned me from using TikTok but like I always do, I disobeyed her. I used TikTok all the time, that is, until she caught me. I was recording my favorite dance when she unexpectedly barged into my room at full speed. I tried to quickly get off TikTok, but my mum saw my phone. “You obnoxious little child, I told you not to go on Tiklock.” she shouted. “Um... Mum this is TikTok not Ticklock if you already didn’t know.” I said in a sassy tone. “How dare you back chat me!” She gave me a tight and hard slap, so I had a bright red hand mark on my face.



I was starting to hate mum, but that quickly all changed. One day, mum came to my room and sat me down. She told me that the reason why I can’t write stories is because after dad divorced mum and left us, he wrote bad stories about mum and how she is a bad influence. I felt so guilty because I thought mum was insane! “I am so sorry mum! Please forgive me!” I asked. “Of course, I will forgive you” mum said. “Just no TikTok and no stories” she said. “Okay” I replied.



From that day onwards, I always obeyed mum because I knew the struggles and difficulties she was going through. I hope soon that ‘dad’ stops writing about mum and minds his ‘own business’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!