The Treacherous Heist

Vroom! Vroom! As we left our cozy house for the museum, I watched a burgundy red car speed down the road madly. My family and I were going to see a large number of extremely precious and expensive artefacts including the Crystal Diamond!

After a while, we got stuck in an immensely long traffic jam. The line of cars were moving very slowly and it was getting late for our exhibition. I was very worried that we would not make it in time. Suddenly, my dad found another road leading the same way to the museum. So my dad turned out of the traffic jam and off we went again!

As soon as we arrived at the museum, we tried to find the reception but we got lost! We walked along a corridor, went through a few rooms and walked along a long and endless hallway. We circled the area again but we still could not find the reception. Then, I heard sounds coming from the history room! I told my family to follow the sound and we finally joined the exhibition. I was elated that we could start looking at the amazing artefacts!

We looked at skeletons and odd objects until we reached the treasure room. There were diamonds, rubies, emeralds and most precious of all the glistening Crystal Diamond. Suddenly, an ear piercing alarm broke the silence. The cleaner screeched out, “Help, the crystal diamond is gone!” I could not believe my ears! I sprinted to the bulletproof glass cabinet. The cabinet had been broken and the Crystal Diamond was gone! As quick as lightning, I started looking for clues. As the policemen ushered the crowd of people out of the museum, I ran along the hallway and I suddenly found a tuft of blonde hair. I collected the strange item and put it into a plastic see-through container I had. Then I kept running on and on until I reached the exit of the museum. At the exit of the museum, I found an old silver buckle from a shoe! After that, I walked into the botanical gardens and found a rare peacock feather. “Very strange”, I thought. I put the items into a container I had and showed my parents. My Dad suggested I should show them to the police. On the way home, we told the police what happened and we gave them the strange items.

A few moments later, a policeman called my dad and they said they had found the thief, thanks to the clues I gave them! The person they found was a man with shoes that were missing a buckle, rare peacock feathers on his hat and his hair was blonde. After I heard the news, I was really content that they had found the thief and the Crystal Diamond had been returned to the museum. I was really proud of myself that I had helped to catch the thief.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!