Magic Lamp

It was a hot day in the ancient ruins of Egypt. Dominic was on a hunt to find artefacts in Egypt. Dominic was an archaeologist and wanted to find many ancient artefacts which he could use to learn more about ancient history.
Dominic and his friends were tired after a long day of work the only things they found were ancient coins and a piece of old Egyptian paper. They had found the two artefacts in the sand, the coins looked well preserved, but the paper had burn marks on the edges, almost like someone tried to get rid of it. Just when the group were about to go to the camp Dominic had a weird feeling about the paper it was just bizarre, why would anybody want to get rid of a lame piece of paper it had nothing written on it and looked like any other ‘papyrus’ they had seen.
Even though it was just some old piece of paper the group still wanted to keep it because it might be very valuable. When the group got to their camp they used their equipment to find out how old the paper was. It turned out the paper was 2,500 years old, one of the earliest pieces of ‘papyrus’ ever made. The group were tired, so they went to sleep except for Dominic, who was still curious about the paper.
It was morning and the crew were getting ready to discover more artifacts, except Dominic who was very tired and needed sleep. So the group left Dominic at the camp and went on. It was around midday when something made a loud noise, Dominic suddenly woke up. The paper was glowing and there was something written on it in red, it was a letter that said,
‘To whoever reads this,
A magical piece of treasure has been hidden in the great pyramid, a golden lamp was put inside one of the bricks that make up the great pyramid to access this treasure, you have to say a unique code “Amun-re” to the brick with the ?? symbol.’
Dominic was surprised and eager to find this treasure. So, he packed his backpack and went on his bike to the great pyramid. When he got there a guard stopped him and asked him if he had his tour ticket, Dominic explained to the guard that he was an archaeologist and had to find something then the guard told him to show his identification card which Dominic did and then the guard let him go. After a while, Dominic found it, then said “Amun-re” to the brick, then it glowed and opened up to a gold lamp. It was filthy so Dominic tried to rub some of the dirt off but then a mysterious entity came out of the light and said “Thanks for waking me up from that big sleep, as a gift I'll give you three wishes.” Dominic wished for the things everybody wants wealth, fame and power.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!