A Ray Of Hope

1st in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

The young, lionhearted warrior stood proudly. His emerald green eyes focused on his enemy, Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs. Tom Power had messy brown hair, a plasma blue jacket and bright red shoes that stood out in a crowd. Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs was short but burly, his many arms and legs fixed in a spider-like stance. Tom understood the severity of the situation. He had to save the world from this malicious, devil-souled villain.
Tom had been looking forward to this battle. He had been training harder than an athlete, knowing this was going to happen. It was a duel and it was his to win. Despite Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs being the strongest villain he’d ever fought, Tom was confident that he would win the battle if he fought really hard.
The battle started. Tom grinned - he thought it was going to be easy. Suddenly, Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs pulled out a knife and slashed Tom in the cheek with its shining, serrated blade. Tom shrieked in pain. Crimson blood splattered everywhere. Tom’s grin turned into a grimace. The only thing he could hear were the loud cackles and laughs of his archnemesis. Tom fell to his knees.
But the world needed him!
Defiant, Tom felt a surge of strength within him, a ray of hope. He slowly got up. His enemy stared icily at him, wary. Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs clicked his fingers and instantly, an army of menacing drones appeared out of thin air and started pestering Tom! He jumped, twirled, dodged and parried the drones as they flew at him, landing precise kicks and punches. Eventually, Tom defeated the robots.
However, for the final confrontation, Tom needed his best weapon. He drew his sharp, gleaming sword and threw away the scabbard. Dr. Eight Arms Eight Legs and Tom started fighting vigorously. Their fluid movements looked like ballet dancers gliding across a dance floor.
Tom threw his enemy to the ground and swiftly stabbed him in the chest. There was a deafening silence. Then Tom started jumping in elation. He was over the moon. Tom Power had accomplished his mission.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!