The Missing Scarab!

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

“Whoosh!” The wind woke Jack up as the glistening sun gently shone on to his cheeks. “Woof!” “Woof!” his dog barked as he gallantly licked him with joy. His dog’s name was Monty, his Multi Zitshu. “Get up you lazy old brute!” a voice hollered from down the staircase. As always it was his mum demanding me to eat brekky. Today he was going to the police and earning his own very first silver star! “Are you here already!” his mum shouted. “Coming!” Jack screeched. Jack swiftly ran down the stairs and jumped into his chair. “Don’t go snooping on me!” My mum shouted. He quickly ate his appetising pancakes while he shouted “Taxi, Taxi!” Finally, after what felt like a millennium, Jack asked to go to the police station and after reaching there Jack jumped out of the car. As he walked in, the staff members welcomed me by saying “Hi.” He quickly sat down on my chair ,but right then my manager alerted us “Missing Egyptian scarab in the Royal Museum!” Suddenly my friend replied “If one of us finds it, why don’t they get and extra star?”

“Yeah!” all the police officers replied excitedly.”Fine!” the manager barked. He was demanded to leave the station and go to the museum. He walked into the museum and saw the glass of the Egyptian scarabs cage were damaged and shattered into a million miniature glass fragments on the floor of the museum. There were footsteps which were still visible from the light floor. Jack followed the steps to see three mysterious and suspicious doors that have never been seen in the museum before. The first door had lava behind it, the second one had poisonous snakes behind it, and the last one had hungry piranhas in saltwater at it’s back . Jack picked the last one for piranhas can’t live in saltwater as they will perish immediately. Jack followed the footsteps towards some lasers which were zigzagging. Suddenly, Jack remembered how to dodge all lasers and these were the most deadly lasers in the whole entire UNIVERSE! The way to do it was duck and then slide and even if you got hit by a laser of some kind you won’t be hurt. After all that hard work he finally crossed the lasers and saw three levers he didn’t know what to do and just went for the middle one.

“Crumble!” Some of the concrete of the wall started to crumble off which made a secret passage way that had a sign engraved in it saying “Enter if you dare!” It was written in a red liquid which sent a tingling sensation down his spine. He started to hope he made it back-“Arrhhhhhh!” Jack cried thinking this place was a trap. Out of nowhere a sign appeared reading “Choose a number between 1 and 5. Jack obviously picked his favourite number out of it which was four. Then he got lifted up to the and and said something “Mum?…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!