The Magical Genie

“Well done Genie! You have served 9 masters and only need to serve one more. Remember only three wishes and your master, whoever it may be, they cannot wish for more wishes.” explained God for the 10th time. “Again, I have been doing this for 9 masters, I think I would remember all the rules. Alright, I’m going off now and I will see you in a while.” muttered the Genie as he left to serve his 10th master. The Genie stayed in his teacup for at least an hour until a waiter from a restaurant grabbed the Genie’s teacup without recognising. As the waiter opened the teacup to fill it in, smoke came out. “I AM THE GENIE and I will grant you 3 wishes as you please. Unfortunately, you cannot wish for more wishes.” said Genie slowly. The waiter didn’t say anything. He stood there in shock with his mouth wide open. After a while, the waiter went out back and made his first wish. “I simply wish for a notebook and a pencil.” the waiter said to the Genie. The Genie was confused on why he needed such things but didn’t dare ask. Just before the Genie went back into his teacup he said to the waiter that he only has 2 wishes left. 2 hours went by, and the Genie was still in the teacup then the waiter came back. He was so excited and the Genie’s guess was that he figured out his second wish. He opened the teacup’s lid and out came the Genie. The waiter then said, “I want my second wish too be that whatever I draw in this notebook it comes alive”. The Genie thought this was a great wish and so he granted it. Then only 30 minutes later he came with he third wish. Again he said, “I want my last wish to be that I never had this wish” The Genie got what the waiter was trying to say so he granted the one too. The waiter didn’t want his last wish so he wished for it to be gone. The Genie was done. He had served ten masters in his life. It was now time for him to go back to God. As a gift for serving 10 masters, God made the Genie a human. God let him be free but he couldn’t remember anything about him serving 10 masters. The Genie happily agreed and is now a human living his best life. The End…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!