Summer Time

“Run!” The bat hits the ground with a thud. A voice screams “again, again” from the facing end. The ball gets thrown to the keeper as the batsman sprints along the sand. The keeper throws the ball at the stumps as the runner slides to the ground. All eyes turn to the umpire, as they are all thinking the same thing, is he out. He lifts his beer and nods. The kids run and cheer as a voice calls them over to have dinner. They brush off the sand before sitting down on the deck chairs. “One at a time come, ok.” The girls wait as the boy’s rush Infront and take the biggest sausage. Later on the family sits down and coves themselves in glowsticks as the night sky fills with light with ab boom. Then another the colours a gorgeous to sea over the water. The fireworks make the night sky glow. “Happy New Year” a voice yells as ice-cream drips from the kids faces on the t-shirts, shorts, and thongs. Music plays, people cheer, beer is drunk, stories are told, toys are played with and fun is had. Later on people wake up and are ready to have for fun as, boats are released out on the flat water. Driven out on the channel, with rods cast, as they wind up fish. Meanwhile back at the park people splash and play in the pool as kids fly down the slides. People come, people go, traveling and camping. Late nights with daylight saving, playing board games, as music booms. Kids yell as they flip and jump on bouncy pillows. Scooters, bikes and skateboards are used on the roads and paths and tracks. The rays of sun shines down, kids drown in sunscreen. The adults sit around, talk and drink with hours to spear. As all this fun is had in, Summertime.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!