Subject #663

As I moved around the dark space, my body temperature changed drastically. At one moment I would be so cold, then the next moment I would be so hot. I could feel my bottom lip trembling and my arms wrapping around my body subconsciously. Chills ran up my spine and arms whenever I looked off into the darkness.

Then I saw a feint light; I started walking over to it, all of my muscles were telling me that something bad was coming and that I should run; run the other way. But I didn’t. I didn’t back down; I kept walking, fighting against the urge to turn around and sprint.

I finally reached the light, but what I saw was scary enough to send my head spinning and make me shiver even though I was boiling hot.

“Don’t be afraid darling. Mama’s here.”

I froze. I hadn’t heard that voice in so many years. I was sure I would never here it again; heck, I convinced myself that I would never hear it again!
Without warning, the room turned bright! The sudden light made my eyes burn. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw different figures of different height and posture. They all seemed human… enough.
Some had horns, others had wings, and some even had tails.

“Ahh, you are exactly what we have been looking for.”

A deep and demonic voice started speaking. His voice was loud and crisp.

“H-how am I what you’ve been looking for? I’m literally one of the most normal people you could ever find.”
“No child. You are more than ordinary. Way more than ordinary. You are the perfect sacrifice!”
“The perfect what?! I am not letting you sacrifice me! I don’t even know what you want to sacrifice me to!”
After I uttered those words, my vision started to get foggy and my head was getting light. Soon, black splotches were starting to appear. My eyelids started getting heavy and that was when I accepted my fate.

“It’s ok darling, you’re all ok…”

That’s the last thing I heard before the darkness took over my vision.

When I awoke, I was surrounded by masked people in white lab coats; there was a ringing in my ears, but above the ringing I could hear the people surrounding me talking.

“Test Complete. Could you please take Subject #663 to their cell?”
“Yes sir. Would you like me to wait until they recover more or take them in their bed?”
“Just take them in their bed please. We still have 3 more Subject to test.”
“Ok sir.”

That was as much as I heard, the ringing overtook all of my senses.

As I was going under again, I tried to speak. When I did, the masked person taking me to my room whispered,

“Don’t try to speak child. They took your voice. I am going to get you out of here. Stay put.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!