Plant It

I was bored. I looked around my room for something to do. I had books and pencils and paper and toys. But I was still bored. I went downstairs to find dad watching football on the couch, and mum cooking apple pie. I sat down next to dad to watch football too. “TRY!!!!!!” Dad shouted. Football was loud… and boring. I went over to mum. My mouth watered as I smelt the heavenly apple pie. “I’m bored.” I said to mum. She looked at me, then said. “Well what do you want to do?” “Thats the problem, I don't know!” I replied. Mum smiled and reached into her apron pocket. After a few moments of rummaging around she pulled out something small. She looked at it lovingly then handed it to me. It was a seed. “What should I do with it?” I asked confused. Mum chuckled slightly, “plant it.” Then she went back to cooking. I walked outside holding the seed tightly. “Well if i’m going to plant the seed… I’ll need to did a whole… and if I need to dig a whole…I’ll need dads shovel!” Excited, I ran towards the shed, returning only moments later with the shovel. I dug, and dug, and then gently placed the seed in the whole, shovelled the earth back over a then I waited. I waited a while until mum said it was time for dinner, and apple pie. But before I left I placed dads shovel next to the seed so i’d know where I planted it. Day turned to night, night turned to day. As I approached the shovel the next day, there was a little green leaf instead of a seed. Drip,Drop,Drip. It started to rain so I went inside. Day turned to night, night turned to day. Week turned to month, month turned to year. My seed grew, and so did I. I have kids now, they love to play in the branches of my tree, but sometimes they’ll tell me they’re bored. I reach into my pocket and pull out a seed. “What should we do with it?” They ask confused. I chuckle slightly. Plant it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!